Tips to Apply for A Credit Card Online
The credit card has become one of the most important financial tools of modern people. It simplifies the transaction, saves the time to buy a product, and gives you a more peaceful mind than when you carry physical money for shopping. Among many benefits that it has, a credit card online maybe is one of the most useful things you can get. Now, the question is have you got one? If this is your first time, you can find more about this amazing tool below.
To apply for a credit card online, you should fulfill several requirements as an applicant. Here are some of them:
- You are the resident of the country where you apply for that credit card. For example, if you apply it in the US, you should be a US citizen.
- You should fulfill the age requirement. As for the US, the age requirement for fulfilling the credit card online is more than 18 years old. If you are younger than that age, you can only apply for the credit card with a co-signer, mostly are your parents.
- You also should have proof that you are capable of paying the credit card bills, plus your identity. For example, you should have a Social Security Number (SSN) and include your income detailed information.
As long as you fulfill those three points, you are eligible and have a chance to get a credit card. However, it doesn’t mean that you will 100% get a credit card. The credit card issuer will also evaluate your application and financial condition before they approve it and give you the credit card.
Information You Should Include
When you apply for credit card online, you also should include several documentations about yourself. Here is some of the essential information you should enter into your application:
- Full legal name that matches your identity, like passport or driving license,
- Social Security Number as mentioned before,
- Mailing address that will be used to send the credit card statements. Nowadays, you also can find some credit card companies that use email to send it,
- Gross annual income to show your ability to pay off the credit card bills,
- Employment status that shows whether you are employed or unemployed. It is including whether you have a business or self-employed. The credit card issuer will also require you to enter the employer’s phone number or contact address to check your status.
- Housing cost, it doesn’t appear on the credit card report. But, the credit card issuer needs to know this information to find out whether you own a house or rent it from other people,
- Phone number is also required. They will use it to call you to answer your request for assistance from them. It is optional, but many credit card issuers will ask you this number before you can buy a credit card online they have.
How to Apply for a Credit Card Online
At this point, we believe that you understand what you should prepare before applying for a credit card online. Once you have prepared all of them, now you can start the application process. Here is our guideline to do that.
- Get the Pre-Approved
It is an optional step. However, we recommend you to get it, so you will have a higher chance to get approval when you submit your real application later. Some credit card issuers offer this service for free. So, make sure you use them to know whether you are eligible for their credit card. It also helps you to find out what did you miss or haven’t prepared. Then, you can complete them when you apply for acredit card online.
- Check Your Credit Score
Make sure you have a good credit score. You can get your credit report from various credit bureaus. For a simple method, try to get it from three big credit bureaus, as they have an easy process to acquire the credit report and good accuracy. This credit score information will help you to determine which credit card product that you can apply online.
- Choose the Credit Card
Now, you have to search and compare credit card products from various providers. Make sure you also see whether they offer online applications. As for our choice, we recommend the chase credit card online. They are trusted and reliable credit card issuers. Moreover, their product has various bonuses and rewards that give you more advantages in a transaction. Best of all, the credit card online applications from them are easy to follow and apply.
- Apply Online
Visit the website of the credit card online provider. Fill out their application form, including all the required documents, and then submit it to the provider. This process doesn’t take too much time. And, that is also the reason why we recommend the credit card online for your convenience.
- Waiting Time
Next, you have to wait until you get the approval. The length of this waiting time is varying. In general, you have to wait for 14 business days or around two weeks to get the approval information. Once you get the approval, you also get the credit card that you need. Now, you can use the online credit card that you want.
However, if you don’t have enough time to wait that long, or you are just too impatient to wait for two weeks, some of the providers also offer an instant credit card. This credit card mostly comes in the form of a virtual card, which is a temporary card that you can use for shopping for a very limited number of payments.
The time you need to wait for this credit card approval is very fast. Once you finish and submit your application, you get credit card online approval instant at the same time. It saves you a lot of time, and you already get a credit card that you can use.
Things to Know When You Apply for Credit Card Online
Before you apply for a credit card, you also should know several things. First of all, make sure you apply it on the official website of the credit card issuer. For example, if you plan to apply for the Chase credit card online, do it at the Chase website. Do not use the third-party website, because you are going to use your personal information during the application steps.
Those are several things you should know about how to apply for a credit card via the online method. Those methods are also similar to when you want to apply for a prepaid credit card online. You can apply it at the provider of that card, and even customize your prepaid credit card before applying. It helps you to avoid many mistakes that you can get from applying it manually or offline.
In general, an online credit card application is a system that helps people to acquire a credit card. People don’t have to use the complicated process to get this tool. Furthermore, many credit card issuers also offer various welcome bonuses when they use this method to apply for their products. Therefore, you don’t’ have to hesitate or afraid. Get your credit card online now!
We have a good article for you it’s about credit card 0 interest